The Parkside Montessori School
53 Norwood Avenue
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
1. All items of clothing, especially outerwear, should be clearly labeled with your child's name.
2. Lunch boxes should be clearly labeled with the child's first and last name on the outside, on the top under the handle, if possible. Each year we have num erous lunch boxes that are the same.
3. Also needed by the end of the first week of school is a gallon size food storage bag, preferably the "zip-lock" kind, containing a complete set of clothing including socks and underwear, each item marked with your child's name.
4. If a child is still using diapers, a full box should be sent in along with a container of wipes, both items clearly marked with your child’s name on the outside.
5. If a child becomes upset upon arrival, please do not enter the classrooms, but rather bid your child good-bye with confidence at the classroom door, and trust the teachers to guide them gently and sympathetically into the room. The child almost always stops crying quickly, and we have all had a great deal of experience in helping children through these difficult moments of separation.
Thank you for your cooperation in these important matters.
We are looking forward to a happy and successful year.
The following is a list of important suggestions, which you should find helpful in ensuring a smooth transition for you and your child into the nursery school setting:
We are delighted to welcome
you to our program!